So much has happened in the past two weeks, and I am excited to share it all with you – both the good and the bad.
- I took a trip to Arizona with my family, and we saw the Grand Canyon! It was positively magnificent, and I am forever thankful for the week I got to spend bonding with my parents and my younger sister. Yes, I did miss class for the trip (which I do not condone!) but I don’t regret taking the trip in the slightest. A post on my trip will hopefully be coming soon.
|My family & I at the Grand Canyon!|
- I had five exams in five days – in my engineering classes, Differential Equations, and Organic Chemistry, and they kicked my butt, if I’m being honest. I still absolutely love my major and all of the classes I am taking right now, but to say that last week was a challenge would be a severe understatement, and I am currently recovering from the stress and the lack of sleep.
- On the topic of exams, though, I got my Differential Equations exam back today and got an A! The exam was super hard and I totally thought I didn’t do well, so that was a very welcome surprise. I don’t know about you guys, but good grades boost my mood like no other, and I’m looking at this as a good sign for the rest of the week.
- My dance team is running & hosting our very own showcase for the first time ever this Saturday – my captains and I have been planning the show from top to bottom, as since we are a student-run organization that responsibility falls mainly on us. It has been hectic organizing the performers, sorting out the performance space, and cleaning the dances we have choreographed, but I am very excited to see all of our hard work come to fruition this weekend.
- I won the position of Vice President of Honors Student Council and was inducted on Friday! I served as Secretary this past semester, and I am really excited to see what the future holds for my school’s Honors College next year. It will be a lot of work, but I am hoping to implement some good changes.
- I was granted a pass to visit the Tribeca Film Festival this week through my school newspaper (AAAAHHHHH), so I will be going to at least one movie this week and reporting on it for school, which is very exciting. I am on the train to New York City as I’m typing this, which is helping fend off the travel jitters that I typically experience riding the PATH train alone.
|This stuff makes me feel super official omg|
What’s been going on in your lives? I’m eager to hear – leave me a comment below!