Hello friends – did you forget about me?
I’m so sorry for being MIA for the past two weeks. As you all probably know, being the busy, wonderful people you are, life can get in the way sometimes, and I’ve just been slowly piecing everything back together to feel like myself again. I’m trying to get back into the swing of things, and I can finally feel myself pulling out of the deep funk that I wrote about back in March.Since I came back from Arizona, everything has kind of hit me like a ton of bricks, which is no excuse, but is the main reason I have been scrambling to catch up. It has been a lot of late nights, a lot of laughter, and a LOT of coffee.
So much has happened in the past two weeks, and I am excited to share it all with you – both the good and the bad.
- I took a trip to Arizona with my family, and we saw the Grand Canyon! It was positively magnificent, and I am forever thankful for the week I got to spend bonding with my parents and my younger sister. Yes, I did miss class for the trip (which I do not condone!) but I don’t regret taking the trip in the slightest. A post on my trip will hopefully be coming soon.
|My family & I at the Grand Canyon!
- I had five exams in five days – in my engineering classes, Differential Equations, and Organic Chemistry, and they kicked my butt, if I’m being honest. I still absolutely love my major and all of the classes I am taking right now, but to say that last week was a challenge would be a severe understatement, and I am currently recovering from the stress and the lack of sleep.
- On the topic of exams, though, I got my Differential Equations exam back today and got an A! The exam was super hard and I totally thought I didn’t do well, so that was a very welcome surprise. I don’t know about you guys, but good grades boost my mood like no other, and I’m looking at this as a good sign for the rest of the week.
- My dance team is running & hosting our very own showcase for the first time ever this Saturday – my captains and I have been planning the show from top to bottom, as since we are a student-run organization that responsibility falls mainly on us. It has been hectic organizing the performers, sorting out the performance space, and cleaning the dances we have choreographed, but I am very excited to see all of our hard work come to fruition this weekend.
- I won the position of Vice President of Honors Student Council and was inducted on Friday! I served as Secretary this past semester, and I am really excited to see what the future holds for my school’s Honors College next year. It will be a lot of work, but I am hoping to implement some good changes.
- I was granted a pass to visit the Tribeca Film Festival this week through my school newspaper (AAAAHHHHH), so I will be going to at least one movie this week and reporting on it for school, which is very exciting. I am on the train to New York City as I’m typing this, which is helping fend off the travel jitters that I typically experience riding the PATH train alone.
|This stuff makes me feel super official omg
With finals coming up and the semester coming to a close, I’m going to finally have some time to work on the blog and make better content for all of you. This summer is (hopefully) going to be one of my most exciting/formative/enjoyable summers yet, and I can’t wait to take you all on that journey with me.